Eva Schubach and Yolaine Dooms found each other at the Fontys Academy for Circus and Performance Art (ACaPA) in the Netherlands where they followed the four years bachelor program and graduated in June 2012. Shortly after they met, they decided to work together in duotrapeze.
In 2014, the acrobat Maya Peckstadt joined them for their new streetshow “N’importe trois”
Passe-Pieds is French for “give the feet” and it is the name for a basic trick where the flyer gives the feet to the catcher. It’s one of the first tricks they ever learned and they still like to do it every training.
In Passe-Pieds, Eva is the trapeze catcher. This means she is hanging upside down while throwing around somebody else.
Eva was born in April 1987 in the south of Germany. At the age of six she started to dream about circus and joined a circusschool. Later on she trained kids in the circusschool “Serrando” (Ulm, Germany) and thought of becoming a high school teacher. But that should not happen: during the pedagogical circus formation at the circusschool in Brussels (Ecole de Cirque de Bruxelles) she found out that she could not stop anymore with her passion – the circus world – and started afterwards at ACaPa in Tilburg, Holland, where she met Yolaine.
Yolaine is the trapeze flyer. She is the one that is being thrown around, makes tricks in the air and tries to catch back the other person.
She was born in March 1990 and grew up in the Flemish part of Belgium. With a French speaking father and a Flemish mother, she was raised bilingualy. As a child she always dreamt to become a veterinarian. In 2001 a friend asked her to join a circuscamp. As she liked it, she enrolled in the circusschool Cirkus in Beweging (Leuven, Belgium) and that’s where it all started. Yolaine specialized in aerials, mainly tissue. At the age of 16, it was clear for her that she wanted to become a circusartist. After finishing secundary school, she directly went to the Fontys Academy for Circus and Performance Art.
For their new streetshow, Maya was the perfect match: she is a floor acrobat with strong dance skills, a lot of crazyness and no fear of heights.
Maya discovered circus when she was seven years old. Ten years later she went to the circus preparation school of Lille for one year and continued her circus education at the professional circus school of Rotterdam, Codarts. After some years of playing with the trapeze she came down to the floor to do some partner acrobatics and finally specialized in floor acrobatics. Besides circus maya also enjoys dancing a lot. In her work she combines her floor acrobatic skills with her dancing experience to create movements that are not anymore dance or acrobatics. Maya likes to work with other people and it is her goal to create and perform in a company.
more information about Maya
References streetshow “N’importe trois”:
Amongst others, the streetshow played at the following events:
– NJF (Dutch Juggling Festival) (Oudenbosch, NL)
– Bajazzo Festival (Burg on Fehmarn, D)
– Bajazzo Festival (Cuxhaven, D)
– EJC (European Juggling Convention) (Bruneck, I)
References trapeze duo Passe – Pieds:
Amongst others, Passe – Pieds performed at the following events:
– King of Swing Varieté from Circo El Grito (Pescara, Italy)
– “Die Spaßmacher” at GOP Varieté (Bremen, Germany) more information
– Herbstvarieté at Neues Theater Höchst (Frankfurt-Höchst, Germany)
– Festival des Fetes Romanes (Brussels, Belgium)
– Festival des 7 Collines (Lyon, France)
– “NET” evening filling show with the company TENT more information
– “Die Spaßmacher” at GOP Varieté (München, Germany) more information
– Soirrée Humorologie (Kortrijk, Belgium)
– Cirque Composé (Leuven, Belgium)
– Kerstcircus Nijmegen (the Netherlands)
– Silver Medal at European Youth Circus, international circus festival Wiesbaden (Germany) more information
– Bronze Star at Young Stage – international circus festival Basel (Switzerland) more information
– CirKOOH CirKAAH – international youth circus festival Leuven (Belgium)
– Vivarium Artistikum at Tollhaus Karlsruhe (Germany)
– Bidbook presentation for Brabant2018 – Cultural Capital Europe (Tilburg, the Netherlands)
– “Tilt!” from Big Top Circus, tour (various cities in the Netherlands and Belgium) www.bigtop.nl
– Circus & Co (Leuven, Belgium)
– European Juggling Convention, performing and teaching (Munich, Germany)
– Silvester Galashow (Karlsruhe, Germany)
– Circo Circolo, opening act (Liempde, Holland)
– Galashow at the juggling convention (Kalrsruhe, Germany)
– Performance for the European Capital of Culture (Pecs, Hungary)
– Performance at Jaques de Leeuw Prijsuitrekening (Tilburg, the Netherlands)
– Performance in Eyneburg, (Kelmis, Belgium)
– Stadcircusfestival (Leuven, Belgium)
– Circustheaterdagen (Schiermonnikoog, The Netherlands)